To assist everyone in doing their Peer Evaluations, Mark Snyder & I are sending out the following information & reminders:
- NBUA is now using a 1-5 scale for Peer Evaluations. The 1-10 format is gone.
- All umpires Peer Evaluate down. ie: B Tier umpires evaluate B, C & Apprentice tier only. A Tier is an exception, they evaluate everybody.
- Apprentices do not give Peer Evaluations.
- We ask that all Peer Evaluations are entered into Arbiter within 24 hours.
- Sign, date, level & site each Peer Evaluation.
- Unsigned Peer Evaluations will not count. Sign them please!
- The 1-5 Scoring Criteria has been modified this season:
(5) Performs above NBUA Standards per tier consistently
(4) Performs above NBUA Standards per tier occasionally
(3) Performs at NBUA Standards per tier consistently
(2) Occasionally achieves NBUA Standards per tier
(1) Infrequently achieves NBUA Standards per tier
- If your partner officiated his game at his Tier Expectations, give him a 3.
- Attached are the updated 2018 Tier Expectations.
- Apprentices should aspire as 1st year umpires, to achieve the C Tier Expectations.
- We recommend having these Tier Expectations in your car or phone to reference when “checking the boxes” as you give your Peer Evaluation.
The Partner Evaluation App is still in Beta Test mode. More to follow soon.